Guitar looper pedal

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
...foot timing is pretty much prerequisite for being an electric/pedal/lap steel guitar player - swell pedal and wah)
Pianists and drummers are also good with their feet. Sadly, I'm not. :D

Otherwise, every other digitech pedal I have used was utter trash (same for Zoom)
Digitech seems to have been on quite a roll lately. My two favourite pedals - the Trio+ and the Sdrum - are both Digitech products.

I like the Trio+ a lot for generating song ideas and for practicing soloing over chord progressions - but I find it too cumbersome to use when playing with other people.

The Sdrum fills that gap. No bass, no looping, just drums. But it's pretty quick to tap or strum in a rhythm, and much more fun to play along with than a metronome. I've used it a few times at music jams as well as for practice at home.

Both the Trio+ and the Sdrum need a clean flat-response amp to sound good. People plug them into an electric guitar amp and complain that the drums sound bad. But they sound pretty good if you run them into a keyboard amp or something similar.

Neither of these two pedals are anything like the typical distortion / reverb / delay guitar pedals everyone uses, though. They are their own thing, both entirely unique in the marketplace.

The only other Digitech pedal I own is an old JamMan. It works, but loops sound pretty lifeless. I don't know why, perhaps there is some built-in audio compression going on.

-Gnobuddy

Disabled Account
Joined 2010
Well, an intelligent Musician can replace an extra Guitar Player or two with a Looper.

And now that he´s at it, also replace a drummer with a typewriter and a few Pringles cans.

Why stop there? ... a set of table knives can replace a Piano.

And an old rotary phone handset, an expensive vocal mike with built-in effects.

Think I´m kidding?

Just check:

YouTube

PS: plus replacing a Guitar with a Tennis Racquet and a yellow plastic Contractor´s helmet :eek:

fantastic performance:eguitar:

Haha I can't use my feet with piano Gnobuddy! I just about manage one left finger and right hand! But I can play drums better. I find it's my left foot which is difficult to use, regardless of the instrument (mostly why I envy those great drummers, who can play two different rhythms in different time signatures one per foot, analogous to the Apache pilot/co pilots that use one eye for night vision, and the other to see out of the cockpit....how? Just how?)

Last edited:
You can always try your luck with a faulty pedal off ebay. I repaired a DL4 that way - signal path can be tracked through the pcb around the input and output pretty simply - which is where externally induced damage is most likely - replaced a standard opamp and it works fine.

If it is a small relay then that may be a pain to find a suitable replacement, but as a last resort the relay contacts can be bridged for a convenient 'set' condition - that worked fine for a DM4 with the bypass relay, it now doesn't bypass!

There are some schematics for some low-Fi loopers.
Madbean has the loophole (which I built) but there are others.
I particularly like the modulation, like when a tape recorder slows down, but it is not a good quality audio signal. Sounds like old phone recorders, because it uses the same kind of chips.

Anything of better quality will require some extra ICs for the memory, and then you easily reach the price of a boss looper.

boss rc 3...3 hours recording time...99 loop, and usb.
Advertising? This post has a whiff of fish about it.

Meantime the Digitech JamMan Solo XT has up to 400 loops and 32 hours of recording time with a microSD card plugged in. Without the card, enough storage for 35 minutes of CD-quality, stereo recording. And it has that very handy built-in metronome / drum machine, and the loop quantize feature that automatically truncates loops right on the beat if you use the metronome while recording.

-Gnobuddy

HI; they gave me the CUVAVE LOOPER PRO, the first time I used it everything worked ok. The second time when I was recording loops, the letter "U" appeared (like when connected to the PC) and stopped responding, (it hung up). I disconnected it and turned it on again and again the letter "U" appeared and began to flash and illuminate intermittently. Has someone had the same problem? Do they have any way of solving it and operating it in a normal way? If anyone has any information, please write to cafano91@gmail.com. Thank you. see video:

YouTube

HOLA; me regalaron el CUVAVE LOOPER PRO, la primera vez que lo usé funcionó todo ok. La segunda vez cuando estaba grabando loops, apareció la letra "U" (como cuando se conecta a la PC) y dejó de responder, (se colgó). lo desconecté y lo volví a encender y nuevamente apareció la letra "U" y empezó a parpadear e iluminarse intermitentemente. A alguien le ha ocurrido el mismo problema?, tienen alguna forma de resolverlo y ponerlo operativo de forma normal? si alguien tiene alguna información, por favor escribir a cafano91@gmail.com. Gracias

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.