How to add a balanced output to a Tube Preamp ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I want to add a balance output on this amplifier (see attachement). The idea is to take the signal from the pre-amp and not from the output.

I was reading several threads and I found out that this transformer could do the trick

Audio-Ubertrager 1:1/2:1 fur Line-Signale LTR-110 - Tube-Town GmbH

There is a suggestion about how to connect it. But the signal is coming from the output.

Does anyone know if I could use the same transformer at the pre-amp? Like where should I connect it?

Thank for any suggestion :)

Attachments

• Sawwat.png
    Sawwat.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 211
  • line-out.jpg
    line-out.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 250
You´ll need to add a buffer Op Amp which is able to drive that transformer.
What kind of signal do you want to send it?

If post EQ and both channels available, I would suggest measuring signal at the Master Volume hot leg.
You need to attenuate such signal to 100mV RMS which is about what a direct box sends to the mixer.

The plate of the driver triodes is push pull. They appear to be opposite in phase. You just need to attenuate the voltage swing to a proper output voltage.
Hammond did this all the time to drive their tone cabinets. They produced a roughly 7 vac signal biphase to run down the cable parallel to the 120 vac to the tone cabinet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.