Ground loop hum and audio isolation trasformers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Before you do that, have you explored internal methods? You rebuilt an old Knight, fine, does it have a cap from either mains lead to chassis? And have you tried removing it? Same in your reverb unit? Have you measured the difference in chassis potentials?

Hi Enzo and NigelWright 7557 thank you for answering . With the Knight I put in a aluminium chassis as it was badly bent like somebody jumped on it , I put in individual transformers for the tube rectifier , input , phase splitter , power tubes and B+ as over here is 50hz rearranged the lay out as the original was messy and left out the cap on the mains side same with the reverb . I have tried removing the circuit ground but with no success chassis to ground was less than the leads on the multi meter but they still produced a loud buzzing sound . I wasn't happy with the job I did on the reverb and currently rebuilding it hence wanting to try an isolating transformer on the output of the reverb .
Nigel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.