Ear Pinnae Scan app - got any info?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,
I remember reading in an online news source about an ear pinnae scan app, but I forgot the details and am unable to find anything now. What I can find is about surface scanning to make better hearing aids, but what I'm looking for and couldn't find was related to improved HRTF auralization.

A smartphone app would be used to scan a user's ear, then a customized HRTF would be created, allowing improved binaural reproduction. A fascinating idea - if it worked. (Today's general HRTFs and dummy head recordings don't work for me :( )

I had found it in a online report from a trade fair, in 2017 or 2018, and I'm quite sure from the CES.

Anyone have a source?

To anyone interested: I found the software "Aural ID" which, aming at professionals, for just 500€ + VAT does that. Not sure if that is the one I originally heard about, so I'm still interested in further info.

Genelec Aural ID

"How does it work?
After you upload a 360 degree video of your head and shoulder region from your mobile phone camera, Aural ID builds an accurate and detailed 3D model scaled to exactly the correct dimensions of your head and upper torso. From this, your personal HRTF is formed."

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.