Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Group Buys Members group buys

GB for Salas L-Adapter Board
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 27th August 2019, 06:11 AM   #101
drivedesigned is offline drivedesigned
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
Hi, sign up on the spreadsheet, even if you change your mind later.
The spreadsheet is now open for editing on your own.

Once the GB starts to close, I will send out private messages and post here that it is about to end.
excellent, thank you.

do you have a rough idea on the shipping cost for a full kit + board to Australia? You mention they "will demand a significantly higher shipping costs as the heatsinks and caps require package shipping internationally." which is to be expected of course, I'm just wondering how significant that cost might be.

I'm sure it'll be worth the convenience (and could well be cheaper anyway if I'm forced to source parts from a few different places), but I figure I've got a little bit of time to do some research.

Thanks again.
Old 27th August 2019, 06:35 AM   #102
CallMeMike is offline CallMeMike  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivedesigned View Post
excellent, thank you.

do you have a rough idea on the shipping cost for a full kit + board to Australia? You mention they "will demand a significantly higher shipping costs as the heatsinks and caps require package shipping internationally." which is to be expected of course, I'm just wondering how significant that cost might be.

I'm sure it'll be worth the convenience (and could well be cheaper anyway if I'm forced to source parts from a few different places), but I figure I've got a little bit of time to do some research.

Thanks again.
(not sure if has ordered full kits or just boards) @Drone7 is from the same 'neck of woods' sort of speaking so he may be able to comment; he is an extremely helpful chap so a quick message will do...
Old 31st August 2019, 08:26 AM   #103
shattered_dream is offline shattered_dream  Germany
diyAudio Member

Stupid question... I have here some industry smps... For testing purposes is it OK to use them instead of a transformer?
Old 31st August 2019, 05:17 PM   #104
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shattered_dream View Post
Stupid question... I have here some industry smps... For testing purposes is it OK to use them instead of a transformer?
Best to post here.

https://www.diyaudio.com/forums/powe...-new-post.html

This thread for purchase musings etc.
Salas Boards GB 2019 #2 Sign Up Sheet Click Here to Sign Up! | M2C Boards, PS and transformers Available PM
Old 2nd September 2019, 10:21 AM   #105
altsouza is offline altsouza  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Default GB for Salas L-Adapter Board

Hi Tea Bag,
I asked Salas if it was possible to use the L adapter with minititx Pc. He replied below. I was wondering if it is possible for you in the next Gb custom replace with the below components that Salas recommended. (Not the transformer). I would buy a full kit, but with the replacement parts below.
Thanks

“Originally Posted by altsouza View Post
Hello @salas, I have a Windows Pc-based Roon server with the following configuration, Gigabyte mini Itx + i3 + Ssd + Hd4tb. The consumption is about 120w 12v. I have been using regular (notebook like) 10a Smpsu, but I have had problems like voltage drop and also sudden shutdowns. I wonder if the L adapter would withstand this voltage and amperage. If so, which transformer is recommended. Every help is welcome. thankful
That's on the limit of L-Adapter but it may still tackle it with big 200W MJL1302AG Q2, FFPF30UP20STU or alike 30A bridge diodes, 10A slow blow F1 fuse, 22000uF/25V C3 C4 of >5A ripple current spec each, 1000uF/25V C2, 15VAC/200VA toroidal transformer like Antek AS-2215.

Of course Q2 and the bridge diodes should be insulation mounted on big external sinking surface(s). With fins correctly oriented and well ventilated or fan assisted. Thick gauge output cables of no more than necessary length are a must too.

Last edited by altsouza; 2nd September 2019 at 10:23 AM.
Old 3rd September 2019, 10:22 PM   #106
Tea-Bag is offline Tea-Bag  United States
not politcally affiliated
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altsouza View Post
Hi Tea Bag,
I asked Salas if it was possible to use the L adapter with minititx Pc. He replied below. I was wondering if it is possible for you in the next Gb custom replace with the below components that Salas recommended. (Not the transformer). I would buy a full kit, but with the replacement parts below.
Thanks

“Originally Posted by altsouza View Post
Hello @salas, I have a Windows Pc-based Roon server with the following configuration, Gigabyte mini Itx + i3 + Ssd + Hd4tb. The consumption is about 120w 12v. I have been using regular (notebook like) 10a Smpsu, but I have had problems like voltage drop and also sudden shutdowns. I wonder if the L adapter would withstand this voltage and amperage. If so, which transformer is recommended. Every help is welcome. thankful
That's on the limit of L-Adapter but it may still tackle it with big 200W MJL1302AG Q2, FFPF30UP20STU or alike 30A bridge diodes, 10A slow blow F1 fuse, 22000uF/25V C3 C4 of >5A ripple current spec each, 1000uF/25V C2, 15VAC/200VA toroidal transformer like Antek AS-2215.

Of course Q2 and the bridge diodes should be insulation mounted on big external sinking surface(s). With fins correctly oriented and well ventilated or fan assisted. Thick gauge output cables of no more than necessary length are a must too.
Will try to work with Salas for a even higher powered output kit, see if it get's some momentum. In small quantities, it will cost people more than buying the parts yourself more than likely.

The bridge diode is already that part FFPF30UP20STU.
Salas Boards GB 2019 #2 Sign Up Sheet Click Here to Sign Up! | M2C Boards, PS and transformers Available PM
Old 5th September 2019, 11:50 PM   #107
altsouza is offline altsouza  Brazil
diyAudio Member

Default GB for Salas L-Adapter Board

Thanks Tea Bag.
Anyway I am interested to buy one regular L adapter full kit in the next Gb.

GB for Salas L-Adapter BoardHide this!Advertise here!