• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Creative Sound Solutions: CSS LD25X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is to determine interest in a Group Buy for the Creative Sound Solutions LD25X tweeter.

This Low Distortion 1" silk dome tweeter uses the trademarked XBL technology.

Interest should be expressed in this thread for the number of units desired. Your expression should include your choice for assembled (faceplate attached) or for un-assembled (for those anticipating use with a waveguide).

(edit Nov. 14) An add-on for matching may be selected. This "matching" will be to select tweeters in a pair with particular attention given to SPL and Fs. The cost for adding this is $15 per pair.

This GB price is $88.50 each, shipping included. It is good now, Nov. 9. (edit in) Shipping from CSS to Canada; Meniscus to the US and others.

Orders will be placed through the CSS website using an "Authorized Adjustment"

A commitment will be expected at the time when arrangements are finalized. (edit in) This will be in the week after Nov. 18, before Nov. 25.
Initial price point is 25% off, 75% of the current list price of $118,

It remains to be seen if any greater discount may be offered.

Creative Sound - Product Details

Elliptical (Item #: 85125) and round (Item #: 80125) waveguides are available from Pellegrene Acoustics:

acoustic waveguides &

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/css/222765-elliptical-guides-ld25x.html#post3227267

This tweeter has been reviewed by Jeff Bagby:

http://creativesound.ca/pdf/JBLD25X.pdf

and used in winning designs (IowaDIY 2012). A set of Tritons are expected to be @ CKDIY, Nov. 17, Lawrenceburg, KY

http://techtalk.parts-express.com/showthread.php?234173-6th-Annual-Central-KY-DIY

Jeff B's CSS Triton High Resolution Monitor

Last edited:
just to fan the flames a bit...

2.83v/1m

CSSLD25XFRHDSTD.png

CSSLD25XFRZOOMSTD.png

High output at 102db @ 0.5m (97db @ 1m).

CSSLD25XFRHD102.png

CSSLD25XHD102.png

*no smoothing applied*

Dang nice tweeters. Wish I could afford a few myself right now. :/

Good morning,

bikinpunk, Thanks for posting ...I like N. Alabama...my wife says "Roll Tide" from beneath her "Bear" hat.

So how many units would we need to buy to quality for the group buy price?
The 25% off price is good now.

Orders will be placed through the CSS website with an "Authorized Adjustment" code.

I would want to set a closing date some time in the week after Nov.18. If this presents a problem for you say so by pm or e-mail and let's see what is possible. ;)

***Would anyone be interested in matched sets if the service were offered?***

isaeagle - 2
devinkato - 2 - assembled
Ed - 3 - unassembled - matched
cotdt-2-assembled
jcandy - 4 - assembled
steste1122 - 2 - unassembled
soundchaser001 - 2 - unassembled
ben_lesmana - maybe 2 -
Impious - 2 - assembled

total = 19+

Clarification on "matched" is for SPL and Fs, @ $15 added per pair.

A "closing date" of Nov. 25 has been added to the opening post. CSS is the final arbiter of this.

There are others looking forward to this weekend audition of the Tritons...with said tweeter... @ 6th Annual Central KY DIY - Page 6

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.