• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

F5T Premium kit GB

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
dK 845 - V3 (2) , PSU (2) - Yes
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
mordikai - V2 (2), PSU - yes
mordikai - V3 (2), PSU - yes
sts9fan - V2, PSU - yes
Naturlyd - V2 (2), V3 (2), PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
Bugzbunny - V3 (2), PSU - Yes
Kvorning- V3(2), PSU -Yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - no
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
mortron - V1/V2 Std, PSU - yes

I had to make a change. I also fixed it in the spreadsheet.

Buzzforb,

I see you've consolidated the V1/V2 columns: was going to ask about that.

I've specified a zero tax and shipping rate in that sheet for now; will add shipping column to orders sheet.

One other thing I noticed is that lo_tse's custom order comments and price has been over-written with the calculated order price; don't know whether you or lo_tse changed this.

Here's what he/she had originally:
- $125 (kit price) + $64 (2 sets of FETs) + $24 (16 diodies) =$213.00. I added extra components (see column L). My total price will be $213 + $44 = $257.00. Please double check my calculation.
- would like to get 2 x CL30, 2 xCL60 thermistors, 4 extra diodes, and one more set of FETs ($6.0 + $6.0 + $32.00 = $44 extra)

theguy,

Thank you very much for keeping track of things and managing the spreadsheet. I have updated my order in the sheet (again!) and I will remind Buzzforb about my extra order when he collects funds.

Regards,

OK, got it: wasn't understanding how the factor applied.

One question:
- if I do that multiplication on 25V, I get 32V, which is the rail voltage specified in the manual for V1/V2 main board schematics: so far, so good
- however, the manual refers to a rail voltage of 48V for beefed up V2 PSU, but this may just be example calculation: not really following how this PSU section fits in

Since the PSU for the amp is a capacitor filtered one, the output voltage will be secondary voltage (an rms value) x 1.414. E.g. 25 secondary x 1.414 = 35.35 V => this is the output voltage. However, one also has to consider voltage drop over the diode/rectifer bridge (~0.6/0.7 v per junction). And do not forget that we are using a CRC filter, there will be voltage drop across the resistor. Depending on the current bias set for the output FET's, the drop will be total current draw multiply by the reisitor value. E.g. if the total current draw is 4 amps, the drop will be 4 x 0.1 ohm = 0.4 V. Lastly, when the load is heavy and draw a lot of current , the voltage will sag a bit too.

Overall, prepare to lose 2-3 volts of the output voltage. Anyway, whether you are using 31V or 30.5V is no the end of hte world.

I hope these info helps.

Regards,

Secondary voltage times 1.3 is a very good estimate for Class A. Vdrop in this PSU will be minimal, as we will have a very small equivalent R of about .05omhs. That was main point of paralleling so many .47R resistors in the article. In theory, passing 50A will drop only 2.5V. Don't worry about it too much, as most folks wont leave a couple of watts very often.

It doesn't seem like the big companies carries it (Maplin, Radioshack, Farnell, Elfa, Conrad or Rapid).
Mouser did carry it, but won't have it in stock until March.

However, TME seem to have 4k+ pcs in stock and they source cheap Indel and Talema transformers as well.(I've never bought anything from them before but maybe someone else has some input on the store?)

EDIT:
AKSA mentioned in an old thread that MJE15030 might work as well as a replacement. It might be easier to source.

Last edited:
lehuy173,
Not trying to be ugly, but please take the time to read the article. It explains evrything very well, much better than I could. If you still have questions, I will be more than happy to answer them. I have solved the bjt issue, as I have found that I had 50 leftover from last Gb. so no issue there. Emails will go out later today to confirm all the info I have for everyone. Hopefully the parts can be here at the beginning of the year, and then it will just be a matter of waiting on the PSU boards. For those not getting them, kits will go out immediately.

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Hey Buzz, while I am doing V-2, I would like the extra parts to cascode this board like the V-3. Also, the spreadsheet shows I owe 193.50, and I believe your post said 215, I assume its just an oversite on the spread sheet? Well, plus the money for the cascode parts.

Russellc

If using cascode FE, higher IDSS Jfets provide a more linear response and lower distortion. You are able to get away with this because the bjt is shielding the jfet from the higher voltage and you can afford the higher dissipation that accompanies the higher current.

Gotchas Russel. Ill double check everything before requesting money.

Don't want to miss this! Think I signedf on to the wrong sheet!

dK 845 - V3 (2) , PSU (2) - Yes
RusselC - V2, PSU - Yes
Dane - V2, PSU - Yes
mkoerner - V2 (2), V3 (1)
mordikai - V2 (2), PSU - yes
mordikai - V3 (2), PSU - yes
sts9fan - V2, PSU - yes
Naturlyd - V2 (2), V3 (2), PSU - yes
Wijgers - V2, PSU - no
SRMcGee - V3, PSU - yes
skunark - V3, PSU - yes
Tytte71 - V3, PSU - yes
Bugzbunny - V3 (2), PSU - Yes
Kvorning- V3(2), PSU -Yes
wjh - V2, PSU - yes
backefel - V2, PSU -yes
Lo_Tse - V3, PSU - no
RKH - V3, PSU - no
fudce - V3, PSU - yes
PKI - V2, PSU - no
mortron - V1/V2 Std, PSU - yes
Billyk - V2, PSU -Yes

Will update the spreadsheet when I find it!
Thanks!!

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Just to confirm, we'll purchase main boards (unlike PSU boards) directly through Tea Bag?

Tea Bag, are you putting together a Group Buy for this, and what's timing?

Buzz is considering buying them and shipping them, but some people - uncertain if it's all of people from the list - are just buying the power boards which are available in conjunction with the F6 group buy. You can buy just them and I will ship as soon as I get them.
I wont be shipping them until 2-3 weeks into next year, after GB closes on 12/30/2012 - Not sure how this lands with Buzz's timing yet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.