• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

High Performance WM8741 Super Mini DAC with I2S Data Switching – PCB - Group Buy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!
I just built this board had to stop parts I had ditin' fit lol,But the build was easy no hangups at all, I got 2 boards so I have another to build and play/experiment with,I'll post when it's done and played some,and see how it sounds not heard a 8741 yet!
Happy listening!

Hi,
I found some shorts on the clk ps circuit and around 2 square pads had to razor them clean,they had green mask over them but were in plain site,I built the PS section first and checked voltages as I populated the board,It works good now sound is better than my 8740 so now I will tweak it a bit,The digital filters do make a difference in sound but I don't think I would need the switches because I have them set and haven't changed them since so jumpers would do fine here.I will play it continous for a couple of weeks and see how it sounds then,Anyone made any mods so far?
Happy Listening

Last edited:
Can you post please some detailed specs as to the bit-rate/freq for up-sampling, input digital signal requirements, additional modules specs and details? What are the specs on the analog output? Is it balanced? I only see a single output connector, can you please clarify?

Thanks,

Tom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.