satellites+sub?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

I have a project in mind for my livingroom. Two satellite or more with fullrange speaker and a sub (wich I already have).

Actually I have a Creative inspire 5700 system, wich is great on bass and volume but the highs aren't so well defined.
I want to use the amplifier of the 5700 or this one http://oaudio.de/product_info.php/info/p20_Amp-2-01.html

The speaker must to be small as the creative one's and shielded.
So I have to find a speaker that goes down around 80 with greater quality than creative one's... not so easy

PS
why a lot of satellite speaker are in closed box?

My experience with these "multi-media" systems is that they have poor s/n ratios, and distortion figures not worth publishing. Also, some have built in BSC, so if the baffles are enlarged, you need to be able to identify, and change the components to suit.

I have also seen some with compressors on the sub. Keeps the boom at lower levels, without topping out the undersized bass driver at higher levels. Not what we want in music reproduction.

The satellites don't need to produce bass, and size is important on the desk, so the enclosures are small. Unfortunately, that's the problem. You need bigger enclosures.

Geoff.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.