how coral flat & beta driver sound?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The Flat series are warmer sounding, more rolled off... more musical as some woud say. The Beta because of it more powerful magnets are faster more detailed, better highs, more transparent but can be very analytical if paired with the wrong equipment. Both series are excellent drivers , synergy with rest of equipment and listening taste is very important.

request for crossover comment and damping material

Hi, anyone have the idea of connected the binding post to the driver? Caused as fullrange driver don't need to have a crossover , how can it be connected.Can I have some pic or diagram of it.
Also any dumping material needed in the enclosure? Have any one try the so call 3d spiral horn enclosure on the coral driver and does it perfom?.

As there's no crossover, it's just a spk wire from fullranger to spk binding post... I've friends who want to eliminate another lump of metal(spk binding post) in th signal path, so it just spk wire connecting the fullranger out through the spk ports then all the way to amplifer. I've used thin cotton blankets to pad all internal surfaces , seems to work well enough.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.