working with the Fe127e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi @ll

there are a few threads with and for the Fe127e. I would like to show how Raffi and I build our Preso and give some more details.

the first steps where to cut with a CNC the parts. Each is 4cm thick.

Attachments

• preso_001.jpg
    preso_001.jpg
    77.1 KB · Views: 534
each SPH-135KEP is playing into a 13-14 ltr BR-volume.
the Fe127e is playing in closed 2,7 ltrs.

To get the surface smooth I had to sand every box for about 8-9 hours (with profesional tools :xeye: ). But I enjoyed every hour now to see how nice it looks and also sounds. The first pair (that I have build) is in my bedroom.

I have tried a similar project with the Fe127. But the Fe127 only needs 0.8-1.1 ltr.

Attachments

• preso_001.jpg
    preso_001.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 492
Hi Till,

really like your designs. What makes me wonder: The fe127e does not simulate very well in enclosures that small. The frequency response gets a little bump at ca. 230 Hz ( which does not matter) and the transient response gets very slow in the simulation. I know that the TS from Fostex are not that exact - especially for a well broken in driver but I'm still wondering if the fe127e in that configuration could cope with the speed of the bass units I'm planning to use with those little drivers (Eton 8-480/32HEX). In larger volumes the transient respones looks very much better.

Are there any issues withe the speed of the Fostexes in that boxes?

regards

Flo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.