LaVoce 2" fullranges

Hello lads,

will very likely get my car with no adequate sound system due to semi shortage so looking at doing it myself with dealer saying warranty would be ok. I want to use a mid and am looking at these - LaVoce FSN021.00 - 2" Full-range

Has anyone used that brand and if I`m lucky - this particular fullrange? Specs look a bit too good to be true to me.

The company is a joint venture between Elletromedia (Hertz, Audison ranges) and a Chinese producer of miniature speakers. They seem to be eager to enter the pro market but Hertz & Audison speakers I`ve had on hand and measured were worse than the stock units in the cars they`re intended to replace...

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Do you have to use 2"? That breakup above 10kHz will pierce your eardrum unless you use noth filter, it will be audible with simple crossovers. Otherwise no personal experience with these.
But I used few FaitalPro, 3" and 4", great power handling, more efficient, important for car, much flatter response.
Using proper 3" FaitalPro, you can drop tweeter, much easier crossover.

Last edited:
LaVoce sure make intersting drivers but depending on how many you want to install this can end up expensive and involving to make a notch for each driver.
I´d look for better behaved ones.
http://www.spectrumaudio.de/breit/tabelle.htm
Some interesting ones in this table above.
Tangband, SB Acoustics, Wavecor, Visaton, Sica should be easier to get than LaVoce.

That said I´m not familiar with car audio acoustics where a driver is usually not faced directly at the driver and relies on reflections/EQ/etc.

I´d look at car audio forums and especially solutions for your car.

I do hope so, since it's a physical impossibility for a cone drive unit of more than about 1in diameter to produce most of its BW without utilising 'break up' (aka TL modes / resonance). ;)

That aide, the graph linked to above for the driver in question doesn't exactly look great, but it's not the most detailed (the impedance looks suspiciously clear of any modes beyond Fs) and the proportions don't flatter. YMMV as always of course.

Indeed space is very limited, I am not even sure if I can fit anything thicker than 1" there but hope these could go in. Also looked at the Aurasound NS2 but hard to get in Europe, as it seems.

Breakup and limited excursion not an issue as I`d be using a 10 channel DSP amp so those would get their own settings on a separate channel for each.