Rear loaded horn design like AER Aerofon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys

I have been playing with full range drivers for a while. My current favorite is my Fostex FE126 Planet10 modified unit, in a double folded horn. I also have a pair of Fostex 8" Fe 206 that i have tried in various configs, but have not been totally satisfied. I have been thinking of using them in something like the "Kleinhorn" or "Sato" for the longest time, but am put off by their massive footprint, until I came across the AER Aerofon. Much smaller footprint, and similar concept. I see that they spec theirs down to 35Hz. I do understand that this is driver dependant, but would like to try this design for my Fostex 8". Anyone have any plans for a horn of this type and size?

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Dallas II, Kirishima & Vulcan are my suggestions for a proper horn for FE206.

Remeber with a horn mouth size is a large detrminant of bass extension, and all 3 of the above have modeled in te TL behaviour as the horn unloads. This is more imporatnt as the mouth size decreases, so plays a larger rle in Dallas than Vulcan..

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.