Morel INTEGRA 624 newbbie question for open baffle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi ALL

I want to start a project for my youtube channel with the purpose of making a small open baffle speaker about 3.5 feet tall. It is meant to be a MONO speaker. I have gotten a few drivers to try, including horns, but want to start with the simplest array. The morel should be the first, just one 6 inch opening in one of many plywood planks that we will try. Unfortunately I know less than nothing about crossovers and I apologize for this being the 999,99 repeat question, but I am looking for a good off the shelf (Dayton?) crossover to get started with until we get the hang of the final shape of cabinet, etc.

Seems a little contradictory that you are talking about full range speakers yet you want a crossover. So many websites out there with speaker crossover calculators which will give you better results than off the shelf .

Shame to waste such good driver on shop brought crossover, this is diy audio.
Crossover should be designed for the actual drivers you're using, the shop brought stuff will only give you inaccuracy and false results.

You need the frequency responce and impedance curves from pdf.

What crossover frequency are you looking for?
If you just want a quick rough guide, purchase a one millihenry inductor and put a capacitor across it to make a variable second order crossover, then change the crossover value to change the crossover frequency, use the online crossover calculators to keep an eye on the actual crossover frequency being produced, also try the speaker wizard website for curves.

Seems a little contradictory that you are talking about full range speakers yet you want a crossover. So many websites out there with speaker crossover calculators which will give you better results than off the shelf .

Shame to waste such good driver on shop brought crossover, this is diy audio.
Crossover should be designed for the actual drivers you're using, the shop brought stuff will only give you inaccuracy and false results.

You need the frequency responce and impedance curves from pdf.

What crossover frequency are you looking for?
If you just want a quick rough guide, purchase a one millihenry inductor and put a capacitor across it to make a variable second order crossover, then change the crossover value to change the crossover frequency, use the online crossover calculators to keep an eye on the actual crossover frequency being produced, also try the speaker wizard website for curves.

Thanks so much. I knew it was a big risk to post here. I did not find an "open baffle" section on these forums. Being the owner of Quad 57s and 2805, I know where to go for that. What do I want? I honestly don't know. Like I said, I have no experience in this. I choose to stay vulnerabe and ignorant 😁
I did order the mini dsp HD, this may help me figure out what I need to build a crossover.
Best regards

Pedro Díaz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.