What do you think about these old Loewe-Opta alnico Fullrange?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi my friends!
Please could you give me your opinion about these two alnico fullrange Loewe-Opta from the '50 ?
I 'm searching for high efficiency and good sound full-range speakers with a decent bass response (at least 80 hZ)...the high frequency is not a problem 'cause I can add a pair small tweeters.
In your opinion does the sound quality of these Loewe Opta speakers could be similar to the famous Saba Green cones?
Thank you so much in advance for your precious help and for your kindness.;)
Best regards from Italy!

Attachments

• loewe opta 1.jpg
    loewe opta 1.jpg
    260.1 KB · Views: 208
  • loewe opta 2.jpg
    loewe opta 2.jpg
    292.8 KB · Views: 211
  • loewe opta 3.jpg
    loewe opta 3.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 212
They certainly look interesting. In terms of sound quality, it's difficult to say. I've heard the Saba green cones, and thought they were okay at best - modern drivers are far superior IMO.

My recommendation would be simply to give them a try. If they make you happy, that's fine by me.

Chris

Given the modest tube output power a radios of those days had, those speakers (also including Saba greencones and the like) were designed to be as loud as possible, not to be as linear as possible. In terms of speaker R&D we're generations ahead of them today. I'd toss them if you don't own the related radio.
Best regards!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.