Woofer or subwoofer?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My kit consists of repurposed boxes containing full range drivers and a Seas tweeter with first order capacitor @ 6.8uf

Have space for a pair of 6.5” woofers or subwoofers wired in the box is 14”tall x8” wide 11” deep

Seems to be lacking in low end

I do use a POS Polk 10” sub but would dearly love to sack it

any helpful contributions would be valued and appreciated

please no criticism of the setup, love it and just wish to address a 6.5” driver a possible elements to achieve desired outcome

Thank!

fitmartin,

You just keep trickling with very info at a time, when you're asked about the system you have now.

We have box dimensions, but is it vented or sealed?
Also, are there sealed enclosures inside for the tweeter and Fostex driver? That would reduce the volume of the box.

So, if we get this right, you have a Seas tweeter with a single 6.8uF cap, a ff125wf and an audio nirvana 5", both running free, and you want to add a 6.5" woofer or sub to the lot?

As Dave pointed out, you just can't expect to plug in any woofer or sub in there and get great results, as we have no idea how low the rest of the drivers can go, at what spl, if they are separate from the woofer's volume, if any of the space is either sealed or vented.

So, unless you can provide accurate data and a lot more info about frequency responses, XO points of the drivers and your bass expectations, then I'm afraid no one here can help you.

But, if you are dead set on getting any recommendation that would be utterly meaningless, then the 6.5" TangBand w6-1139sif sub has great reviews.
Just don't come back to blame me if it sounds terrible with your setup.

On second thought, maybe positive reinforcement will work. Worked on some of my previous customers, in another life.

The w6-1139sif is what you need.

Here's the link:

Tang Band W6-1139SIF 6-1/2" Paper Cone Subwoofer Speaker

And remember to enjoy the music.
Cheers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.