Dallas II modification

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are people sure that SMPS will work OK in this application with 98db/w speakers ?
I only ask because I've trialed them as filament supplies for GK-71 DHT valves , and they typically kick out about 30-40mV of HF 'ripple' in the 45-60kHz region. In that application it's definitely audible, as it intermodulates with the HF in the music adding a nasty 'edge' to everything.

Maybe drop Tom a PM, or email at his commercial site to discuss his process of selection of specific SMPS he’s currently implementing. It’s also worth noting that he offers at least two linear supply options with recommendations for power transformers.

Come to think of it, his 4 channel Modulus 86 I heard almost three years may ago may have been a linear supply?

In either case, he's done the math, much of which I think should be as applicable to ACA as his chip amps.

Not started the build yet, just in the planning stages, need to finish my classic car restoration first. Probably be a couple of years but next on the project list. My aim is to build an amp and speaker that work together rather than fight each other. My other option is a slim 30-40l 3 way floor standers with dual 6.5 woofers, dome mid and ribbon tweeter linked together with a hypex fusion plate amp. I know they are polar opposites there trying to get as much info on each as possible before I take the plunge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.