Need help identifying MarkAudio drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone!

As the title says, I need help in identifying what exact model these MarkAudio drivers are. The owner said they are prototype MA drivers hence the absence of markings/branding at the back.

Thanks and regards,
Anton

Attachments

• 70696900-A9B3-4065-8748-9FF5CBF531E4.jpeg
    70696900-A9B3-4065-8748-9FF5CBF531E4.jpeg
    132.1 KB · Views: 217
  • 18BCF44C-E924-4FAC-B1F4-F002064EFE14.jpeg
    18BCF44C-E924-4FAC-B1F4-F002064EFE14.jpeg
    114.8 KB · Views: 218
Last edited:
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That makes it a first generation CHR-70

It could be a 2nd gen CHR-70 as well. They fit pretty much the same boxes.

How that driver got into the wild with another maker’s label would be an interesting story.

How much is being asked for these drivers? I still have 2 pair of EnABLed CHR70 gen 1 (both for sale, but not here).

dave

Good call, Dave. The series 2 units had a similar cone profile but went to a slightly lighter brushed aluminium finish. Eyeballing the photographs above, it looks lighter than I first thought. And the series 2 drivers were rated at 20w compared to the 22w of the original. The label looks like it says 20w to me, so that's probably as conclusive as we're likely to get. So much for my 'that's 100%' above. ;) I'll take a leaf out of Dobby's book and iron my hands later.

Last edited:
Hi Dave,

It isn't for sale, just helping out a fellow countryman with his plan to build new enclosures for them. I decided to seek help here since I don't have any idea on the exact model and he isn't a member here.

He's also not sure how they ended up with different marking/branding since he got them built as bookshelves speakers with dual drivers per enclosure.

Thanks!

It could be a 2nd gen CHR-70 as well. They fit pretty much the same boxes.

How that driver got into the wild with another maker’s label would be an interesting story.

How much is being asked for these drivers? I still have 2 pair of EnABLed CHR70 gen 1 (both for sale, but not here).

dave

Thanks again Scott for the help.

No. The Alpair 5 basket was only 100mm diameter; according to that tape measure it's 124mm diameter. That makes it a first generation CHR-70. That's 100%; it's the only driver they produced with that basket diameter and that cone type.

Good call, Dave. The series 2 units had a similar cone profile but went to a slightly lighter brushed aluminium finish. Eyeballing the photographs above, it looks lighter than I first thought. And the series 2 drivers were rated at 20w compared to the 22w of the original. The label looks like it says 20w to me, so that's probably as conclusive as we're likely to get. So much for my 'that's 100%' above. ;) I'll take a leaf out of Dobby's book and iron my hands later.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.