how do i go with a cheap fullrange

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Post 1 has a lot of links to plans.

Mini Karlsonator (0.53X) with Dual TC9FD's

Best sound comes from foam core builds. If using wood, line with foam core.
Have built these and they have been my main speakers for the last 1 year or so. Built it out of 10mm plywood, I heard the foamcore version is much nice but this is quite nice already.

Frugel-Horn Lite has proven to be able to extract a surprising amount of bass for 3” speakers… and it has proven to be quite versatile.

dave
In the process of building a pair of these. Same pair of drivers will be used.

Last edited:
the 4" driver it just have arrived a pair of drivers + shipping on aliexpress about 13 us. name labo LB-PS1401D the freq respond in the high freq rool off 13khz. this is fr driver but can use it for 2 ways if we want higher freq respond more than this. @ 150hz is resonant peak. we can cut off with hpf if we want to use it with sub woofer. about ts driver parameter i will check it again. i just bore to burn it.

Attachments

• DSC_0209.JPG
    DSC_0209.JPG
    683.9 KB · Views: 146
  • DSC_0210.JPG
    DSC_0210.JPG
    573.7 KB · Views: 138
  • peak.jpg
    peak.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 139
Last edited:
because the z of drivers are 2 ohms but i want 4 ohm to drive because my amp can drive 4-8 ohms. so that ill use more rdc of coil.

Ok.

Using Rdc of 2 Ohm will alter the driver parameters (strictly Qes) and will have resultant increase in Qts.

This will need to be factored in to the box volume calculations.

Not to mention the SPL loss that will occur with an inductor with such high DCR.

thx for reply mondogenerator qts is not problem for bp4 design if the valve qts or s changes between 0.707-1.0 but my problem is my friend n i hv to buy many drivers for isobaric bp4 design. about spl if iuse 5-6" driver all of them will have a higher spl more than 3" decrease spl is not be problem. a problem is about my money to pay with them. aone problem in my thought a cheap driver 5-6" the fs about 80 hz this problem is very difficult for design. i had ever used 5" drv the fs about 40 hz but it was not cheap. if 8" driver i think its not good for 3" fr. now i see 6" drv n thought to add a mass on the cone because fs is a bit high. my new thought will use one 6" drv per channel a 4 ohms drv. i have plate amp but i think its for ht more than. 4 ohms drv = no big inductor if i use order 1st xo. i see on partsexpress 4.7 mh metal core the dcr=0.43 ohms i hv just ordered Iron Powder Toroidal Core from china for coil winding by myself. im ok for this choice because i dont spend lot of money for many drvs.

ERSE 4.7mH 18 AWG I Core Inductor Crossover Coil

Attachments

• p amp.jpg
    p amp.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 100
  • TO.jpg
    TO.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 98
i try to sim for new idea. bp4 box i see acoustic filter in a high freq respond. -3db about 60 hz if reference from flat freq respond. in higher freq respond. it rolls off about -16db per octave. and if i want small rdc(small inductor) mhh..i can use lpf cu off about 80-100hz i only want to decrease some mid freq respond.:)

Attachments

• win.jpg
    win.jpg
    105.3 KB · Views: 28
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.