Upgrading drivers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just got this. Would like to get smoother and +3 db. Upgrade driver suggestions? Should not be any eq involved I think this is straightforward. https://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/turbosound-inspire-ip500-portable-powered-column-line-array-pa-system/l20074000000000?cntry=us&source=3WWMWXGP&gclid=CjwKCAjwsdfZBRAkEiwAh2z65lcr8FgZQHSgEXoD-rScFu-tweDhLJ4xGDjjHVNfapnimP4pqn_DfhoCK6IQAvD_BwE&kwid=productads-adid^221957295827-device^m-plaid^323968804543-sku^L20074000000000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

I don't understand... You say you don't want EQ, but that unit comes with DSP and EQ....

Since it already has DSP modelled for the drivers already in place, changing the drivers will throw that away and it will probably sound terrible.

Use EQ and live with it.

I am not sure they have done that at all. I believe the DSP is crossover only. There seem to be 3 models using that 2" driver as well. This one is only using 6. I also note after using it tonight some discontinuity between the upper and lower drivers. Probably due to the "spacer" I am going to remove the spacer and set the unit on a chair see if it goes away. The size of this is ideal. Be aware that I did build (with help here) a 9 x 3" driver unit using the Faital units and an automotive 12" in a 1 cu box that sounded great. Used the Behringer inuke 3000 and Its DSP. This Turbo is smaller and lighter. If I could just get a bit more from it. Wish they had used 12 2 inch units with a bit smoother and more extended HF. On the more expensive ones they go 3 way with a super tweeter. Don't want that either. This one was almost ideal. I guess I must build another from scratch.

The 9-driver arrays using Faital drivers are probably going to blow this cheap $500 "Turbo" array anytime.

They already use DSP for their XO, you can bet that they also use some DSP notches to quiet cone breakups in those cheap little 2" drivers.

Easy to find out. Unscrew one out, put it in a shoe box and measure it.
Something you would have to do anyway if you wanted to upgrade them.

And 2" drivers that only reach 14kHz?

I measured the "stick" about 9 ohms dcr??? I wonder if they intended this design originally for 12 driver. They are using a class ab amp for top and a class d for woofer. There is room for another 6 drivers in the "stick" the levels of the sub and stick are independent in the software. If that stick is 16 ohms...? Hmmmm.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.