Visaton B80/100 experience So?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sound Pressure Levels???

Luigi

I have to say my wife gives a fig about the appearance, so I have to get it right.
Question: Is there much difference in the maximum sound pressure levels these drivers are capable of?
I see the B-100s have greater power handling capabilities - compared to the FOSTEX FE107E - and thought this might make a material difference...

:idea::idea::idea:

Last edited:
I couldn't say. I tend not to go for high volumes. And anyway, my full rangers generally get cut off at the bottom around 300Hz so never get punished with bass duties. I get good SPLs out of 27wpc (Burson Bang, hugely impressive little dual mono amp) from either driver. And Im a bit hard of hearing now so...

Lots of Mark Audio stuff, really like the 7s and their new ones (7M). Have some 10 metals as well and they're good. All the MA stuff needs a bit of power behind it.
Some Tang Bands. Surprised at how good the polycone ones are. Have their 5 inch ones currently which need help up top but they're good too. Overall, probably rate the B100s as best, at least in the designs I've made. In others, who knows? But for the slightly greater cost, the B100s are worth it; they just do the full range thing really quite well without drawing attention to themselves. Haven't heard B80s sorry.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.