Mark Audio Alpair 7.3 or Pluvia 7

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi To All,
I'm trying to decide which of these to MA drivers will work best in my next project (darn hobby keeps on growing):) What I'm looking at building is a small mini tower 24 inches tall by 6.75 wide by 8 inches deep to augment into my current FAST setup. These speakers will serve as rear surround speakers in a HT setup with an eye on later transition to a 4 channel stereo system. Bass duty is covered by Dayton Audio RS225-8" woofer so MA drivers will be used to support mid range and treble duties. It seems that the A7.3 has an edge in the sound quality department. If the consensus is the A7.3 is that much superior to Pluvia7; I would not hesitate to spend the extra cash. Any comments are always much appreciated! Thanks in advance.

Rich

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I’d probably do a vented enclosure.

dave

Attachments

• pluvia7-sealed.gif
    pluvia7-sealed.gif
    83.5 KB · Views: 693
Hi Dave,
Thanks for all the valuable information you have provided. I have been modelling the P7 in Unibox and it appears like a sealed alignment helps control excursion. You may have methods to combat over excursion in vented alignment. In Unibox given 10watt nominal power, xmax is exceeded at around 80 hz in a vented alignment. I'm as green as grass when it comes to this stuff, just trying to gather a better understanding. Best, Rich

The P7 sounds much like the A7x but the latter is capable of producing greater levels of detail & nuance. For just the rear channels that may not be needed (ie an A7 front row and P7 in the back should work fine).

dave
So is it safe to assume that the the Pluvia 7 could make a good choice for the center and surrounds to support a pair of Alpair 7 for the main stereo pair?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.