dynaudio 24w100 cabinet plans needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a 1988 (?) Xenon 3/100 kit with 24w100, d76af, d28/2af. Lost the cabinet designs long ago. Desperately seeking any legitimate plans for a single 24w100 woofer design. Cabinet volume, port dia. And length. Grateful for anything u might have... thanks steve

GM

Joined 2003
I have a reduced copy of this cab, but is too faded to read enough of the dims :(.

Fortunately, the factory measured specs as well as some Madisound suggested alignments are still legible enough, so you can either build one of them or use a speaker program to find other alignments.

Unfortunately, I can't do anything with this borrowed computer other than to post the info and try them in an on-line calculator:

60 L, 31 Hz Fb = 3" dia. x 7.8" L. vent

90 L, 27 Hz Fb = 3" dia. x 7.4" L. vent

110 L, 25 Hz Fb = 3" dia. x 6.33" L. vent

basic specs:

32 Hz Fs

0.303 Qts

59.61 L Vas

3.5 mm Xmax

16.737 cm eff. dia.

Plugging these into this calculator yields a much smaller ~29 L net cab tuned to ~40 Hz though, so plenty of tuning flexibility: mh-audio.nl - Vented System

GM

As we can see, one of the specs (with the best resolution) is dated Jan 2000 so it appears be too new for Steve´s kit.
One the other hand, such old suspensions should be measured after some low frequency massage.
I have some late -80 17w75xl/esotec and they still sound good.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.