Thought I would share a couple of pictures of my recent Alpair 7M.3 Pensil build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just completed this build yesterday. The photo op took place in the living room, before placement in my bedroom. There wouldn't be enough room to do a photo shoot in my bedroom, so I went with plan "B". Anyway, I am driving them with a Musical Paradise MP301 MK III tube amplifier,Sony SCD222ES CD Player, and a Topping D20 DAC go between for the CD player and of course my computer via optical/USB setup. I wanted the speakers to have kind of a Rustic looking finish to blend with the furnishing in my room, and I think I managed to get the look I was after! The sound is just wonderful so far, about 25 hours on them, but far from broken in. Got to have patience with MA drivers, but the rewards are worth it!!

Thanks,
Mac

Attachments

• Picture 098.jpg
    Picture 098.jpg
    580.4 KB · Views: 411
  • Picture 099.jpg
    Picture 099.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 406
It certainly does have the "rustic" look you are after, congrats!

Btw, where did you get those metal spikes for the outriggers?

Thanks,
Anton

Thanks for the positive comments. The spikes I ordered off of Amazon. The knobs you see, are purely decorative, and were in the discount section of hardware at Wal-Mart for like $14.96 for a 10 Pack. They are nickel drawer pulls BTW. Link to spikes as follows:

Amazon.com: Dayton Audio DSS2-BC Black Chrome Speaker Spike Set 4 Pcs.: Electronics

Thanks,
Mac:)

Very nice. Neat idea on the nickel drawer-pulls too.

Thanks, Scott for the positive feedback, and the great design! They sound wonderful, and I plan on getting many hours of enjoyment from them. You know you just can't beat the sound of the Alpair7/Pencil cabinet design without spending big bucks, and the real joy is I built them with my own two hands.

Thank You Sir,
Mac :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.