Driver Suggestions for 7L Cabinet.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Just a follow up. The speakers are done and breaking in. So far they sound good. Just one little hiccup, something went a little haywire with my dac/integrated and I heard the arrestors kick in a couple of times. The firmware for the usb dac is buggy and does this sometimes. Hopefully no damage was done. Looking forward to turning them up.

Attachments

• IMG_4513.JPG
    IMG_4513.JPG
    112.8 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_4514.JPG
    IMG_4514.JPG
    1.9 KB · Views: 107
Just a follow up. The speakers are done and breaking in. So far they sound good. Just one little hiccup, something went a little haywire with my dac/integrated and I heard the arrestors kick in a couple of times. The firmware for the usb dac is buggy and does this sometimes. Hopefully no damage was done. Looking forward to turning them up.

Looks good in that box. Let us know how it sounds after you get it sorted out.

Rumour has it (or does now :D) that a new 70mm paper driver is in the works, based on the Alpair 7 - actually I think prototypes have been produced and maybe even shown here. However, until T/S parameters are known, it'd be silly to speculate on required enclosure volumes / tuning.

It might be just the ticket if those T/S match well with EL-70 so that the wealth of cabinets out there can be used and so that those with EL-70's have somewhere to go if they break one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.