TB W3-1878 Klippel graph

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys , anyone who understand this graph could explain what this graph say about the speaker, it's level of distortion etc ?

I have read that the flatter the plateau, the less the distortions, but this is nowhere near being a plateau , but TB says that it's got extremely low distortion.

Who is lying ?

By the way what do the dashed lines mean??

Thanks in advance for your help guys.

img_Bl_X.png

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Two of the pics aren't showing for me, but the BL curve is showing. Looks like TB is telling the truth. Remember though, distortion comes in many forms. Klippel data shows some forms related to excursion. Based on the BL curve this driver is good for at least 3mm of travel.

The dashed line is just a mirror of the data to highlight the deviation from flat.

Two of the pics aren't showing for me, but the BL curve is showing. Looks like TB is telling the truth. Remember though, distortion comes in many forms. Klippel data shows some forms related to excursion. Based on the BL curve this driver is good for at least 3mm of travel.

The dashed line is just a mirror of the data to highlight the deviation from flat.
So it doesn't necessarily mean that there should be a flat plateau then?

Would you consider this a quality performer ?? Based on the BL curve ?

Technically, flat as a pancake is what klippel is looking for, but rarely do you get that. There is always some non linearity in the driver. I've seen flatter. But this isn't bad. And it's extended on both sides, especially for a 3". There may be other issues with the driver not shown though. Like compliance linearity, frequency response, Le(x), etc. this one curve I can see hardly means it WILL sound good. It could still sound like crap, just that it'll sound like crap the same at 1mm and 3mm of travel.

You should pm bikerpunk. He has a klippel. Or had. Not sure if he still does. Hangs out on diymobile a lot. And goes by Erin... Hmm. ErinH over on TechTalk. It's Erin something. Not Erik.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.