Woden Design Victor for FE166En

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
What Dave said. The transition at the bends were designed to be a functional part of the acoustic low-pass. Strike plates to smooth that transition will compromise performance, so I strongly advise you not to add any.

*edit: yes, some (most) of my horns exploit / incorporate work on high performance exhaust design -when I was first learning horn theory, a good friend who shall remain nameless pointed me in that direction.

Last edited:
so I strongly advise you not to add any.

*edit: yes, some (most) of my horns exploit / incorporate work on high performance exhaust design -when I was first learning horn theory, a good friend who shall remain nameless pointed me in that direction.

I will strongly follow your advice :D

About thwo strokes theory , there are some similars concepts but also some mistakes by thinking horns are "pipe" like ....obviously

Last edited:
First one finished and stuffed inside , quite sensible on stuffing tuning !

2011081225299523.jpg

Really good with 300b tube , a bit less punchy with the smsl SA300 but it can nearly play the kick in massive attack ´angel’ which is my bass kick test sample !
Ben harper ´jah work ‘ = easy !
Voices , violins and piano have the full range sweet touch !

Really nice :)

Last edited:
:up:

When measuring, don't forget it's a boundary loaded enclosure -nearfield measures are of no use, sans boundaries, it will be missing the final part of the horn expansion it's designed to work with. Same applies to any boundary loaded horn of course, not just these -the big Klipschorns for e.g. FWIW, optimum summing will be from about 1.5m although differing boundary conditions will affect that as usual. Either way, sounding good. :)

Last edited:
My wife ( that’s one of the reason I married her ! ) asks if I finally give them to my parents as she founds they are a nice and they sound great ( the waf factor for me is no the same as most of guys , I know )

So if I give them to my parents ( I will ) I will have to make another pair ������

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.