A poor man Feastrex !

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm leaning towards an open-bottom cabinet, with a heavily damped/lined upper half. Probably 16x20x48~60 or similar, with driver centered around 36~39" from the floor.

OK, I took the MLTL sim and turned it into a ~63.38" long x ~153"^2 open bottom TL, raising tuning into the 40s with a ~40% driver offset to minimize frequency response 'ripple' = 36.5" from the bottom, so several inches of elevation to experiment with, which normally is more than enough as you want the floor to preload it a bit.

The sim blue line is with the MLTL's minimal lining of the top, one side and back with the red line a 100% fill with ~1.4 kg of polyfil.

Stuffing just the top half or so won't be enough to damp the lower mids 'ripple' without heavily rolling off the [mid] bass plus the upper half from ~the driver centerline - top is half the stuffing density of the lower half to minimize mid-bass loss, i.e. this is the area where one normally should adjust a pipe's damping whereas a vented alignment is the opposite.

GM

Attachments

• Aucharm UR330B8-11F TL damping.PNG
    Aucharm UR330B8-11F TL damping.PNG
    14.9 KB · Views: 157
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.