Alpair 5...multi-flare box suggestions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys,

I've searched the heck out of this forum for suggested boxes with regards to the "Alpair 5 Grey" and/or "multi-flare enclosures" but had no luck, though I may very well be missing a thread that is right under my nose. I am a furniture designer/builder with a well stocked wood shop and would like to build a very small reference "desktop" system for my office using the Alpair 5 and if ideal a TL box similar to the "multi-flare" architecture. My goal is to keep enclosures as small as possible yet yield as much bass as possible and roll off to a small sub somewhere in the 100Hz area. I've researched a bit and found these "multi-flare" box systems which seem like an interesting way implementing a TL into a small box.

mf140-dimension.gif

http://spiralspeaker.web.fc2.com/aaaspeaker/extra/engmf140/eng-mf140.html

The author uses a PARC driver that, to my knowledge, is not available in the US. I am curious on your opinions regarding the Alpair 5's fit in this type of box architecture. If so can anyone recommend a starting point for box volume and port size. I appreciate any input you may have, in favor or against this box architecture and driver combination, I see very little written about it and speaker building is a relatively new thing to me.....dovetails, yes....filters, not yet :whazzat:

Christof

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.