online fraud

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i've been comprehensively ripped-off by a member of diyAudio. i contacted him through the forum regarding a malfunctioning piece of equipment and he agreed to repair it. i shipped it to him in norway. some time later he told me the work was finished and i sent him some hundreds of euros. since then i've heard nothing. no further contact, no response to email etc, and of course no repaired equipment. i recognise of course that "caveat emptor" applies in situations like this, nevertheless i'm wondering if diyAudio has a policy about fraudulent activity. should a warning be published or something like that?

boydk yes it is indeed RM. i read the other thread and the modus operandi seems identical. 300 euros and the theft of equipment - i think this is something that the police should investigate, especially since its apparently not an isolated incident and has been going on for some time. i have a an address, a phone number, an email string, and postal receipts etc. but i'm unsure how to proceed.

Last edited:
boydk yes it is indeed RM. i read the other thread and the modus operandi seems identical. 300 euros and the theft of equipment - i think this is something that the police should investigate, especially since its apparently not an isolated incident and has been going on for some time. i have a an address, a phone number, an email string, and postal receipts etc. but i'm unsure how to proceed.

The Police wont investigate unless you go to them and report the crime. Gather all your conversation / bank receipts / receipts you had with him, in digital and print format and head to them.

Even the address you have used to send the item to.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.