Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Forum Problems If there is a forum related problem please leave a message here so an Admin will see it.

Problem accessing diyAudio after latest W10 Upgrade/Install
Problem accessing diyAudio after latest W10 Upgrade/Install Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 6th April 2017, 12:48 PM   #1
Mooly is offline Mooly  United Kingdom
diyAudio Moderator

Default Problem accessing diyAudio after latest W10 Upgrade/Install

Yesterday saw the much anticipated W10 'Creators Update' and following this I find that actioning anything on diyAudio takes around 15 to 20 seconds. Even initial opening of the site takes an age. Clicking on a thread takes a similar time for it to open and so on.

This is using Edge browser (which I have been using for months).

Clearing cookies and so on still has no effect on the issue.

All other sites I use seem OK.

Using IE and the site responds normally.

Anyone any ideas ?

I'm wondering if the security of the site is causing Edge a problem as it checks things out before allowing them to display. Other vBulletin sites such as the Vintage Radio one seem OK.
Old 6th April 2017, 02:55 PM   #2
diyAudio Moderator

I think I've found part of the answer. Something is being carried over in browsing history/cookies etc that is upsetting Edge. Deleting everything (not something I wanted to do as I have now dozens of site preferences to set up) does seem to have fixed the issue. Curious that it is just this one site (for me) that was affected.

I'll test it all more later.
Old 10th April 2017, 05:03 AM   #3
Pano is offline Pano  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Let us know what you find. Edge has about a 5% market share, which is important.
Old 10th April 2017, 07:43 AM   #4
diyAudio Moderator

The plot thickened. The above installation was an 'upgrade install' (I was always going to clean install anyway but was curious to see how it went).

My settings for Edge have always been to delete everything except cookies, browsing history and passwords automatically when the browser is closed. Deleting every possible item from the list of 'deletables' available in Edge, and then re-entering all site preferences from scratch seemed to fix the issue.

So far so good.

I then clean installed and unbelievably the same issue was back immediately for this site and one other. I didn't even have to be logged in, the site just would not open quickly.

Doing a restart of the PC fixed the issue as a 'one off', i.e it opened OK first time but not thereafter. Weird !

What did seem to have fully fixed things, and this is day 3 now, was to reboot the router. I have no explanation why that has worked. A clean install has zero knowledge of what has gone on before.

Oh yes, and Google was 100% unreachable too.

So all working OK at the moment, and no answers to what happened.
Old 12th April 2017, 08:40 AM   #5
diyAudio Moderator

The problem has returned twice since posting above.

This time I flushed the DNS resolver cache (no router reboot) and that fixes the issue for a 'one time access' to the site. If I click anything on here then it freezes up again. Each DNS flush gives me just one attempt, when I try and click on anything then it freezes again.

I've now tried a switch of DNS servers away from my ISP to Open DNS. All is currently working.

Its very odd how its always diyAudio that is the affected site and how this coincided with the Creators Update.

We'll see how it goes today
Old 12th April 2017, 09:00 AM   #6
Konzentr8 is offline Konzentr8  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Not much help but i'm using the same ( Edge ) and no issues since update except maybe slightly slower load times , don' t you just love updates ? as my sig says ... the curse of the modern world.
Old 12th April 2017, 09:01 AM   #7
irribeo is online now irribeo  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Had what seemed the same problems just a few minute ago, I still have 1607 but with a new update downloaded:KB4015217 that probably installed today. Restarted again and keep fingers crossed, seems ok now.
Old 12th April 2017, 09:43 AM   #8
diyAudio Moderator

Its not just the update, a clean install behaves the same as well. Only time will tell if my DNS dodge has worked or not.
Old 13th April 2017, 07:33 AM   #9
Vrystaat is offline Vrystaat  South Africa
diyAudio Member

Mooly, I have problems in opening attachments the last couple of days. It takes long and it seems DIY audio is much slower than it used to be. Doesn't change whether I connect to the net via cable or wireless.
Old 13th April 2017, 08:18 AM   #10
diyAudio Moderator

You mean opening pictures and so on ?

I don't think any reports have come in lately of site issues. Standard advice I always give is to run a disk clean, a browser clean and also perform a router reboot.

Some pictures hosted externally (something we don't encourage, we would rather they be attached to the forum software) are very large and can take a while to load, more so if you have a slow internet connection.

Problem accessing diyAudio after latest W10 Upgrade/InstallHide this!Advertise here!