Speaker placement what method do you use

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been doing some research and have came up with about 19 different ways to calculate best speaker placement.

In the process I happened to confuse the heck out of myself so I am coming back here to see what you audiophiles do to achieve the proper stage, depth, imaging, etc etc.

I read one which had a golden rule but according to that my speakers would need to be 7 foot from the wall which seems a bit bizarre.

Another said 6-8ft apart, but the side of the speaker and the back should be of different lengths

Just curious. I found to get my stage centered it took about 45 mins of playing a track on repeat with a vocal track thats obviously centered. there about 8.5-9 ft from each other, 19in from the back wall and 30in from the side walls.

Thanks for any tips, advice, or tricks
Brett

Calculators are nice, but they don't adress the real-world issues of asthetics (WAF, etc.) and practical placement postion in a room (in the middle of doorways, at the bottom of stairways, or in front of the TV are usually out). In any given room there are only a few arrangements that really make sense when one considers all the factors. In general it will be an arrangement that leads to symmetrical location of the speakers relative to nearby walls/furniture and the listener's position. I have always found it is faster and easier to try out the few real options than it is to run a bunch of simulations, then try out the options anyway.

The simulation is not the same as the thing.

I_F

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.