Hifi stuff to do in Tucson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am going to Tucson over the xmas new year period (25 Dec - 11 Jan)

Can anyone suggest any good shops, suppliers or general hang outs for the hifi lovin' holiday maker?

Also I am hoping to stock up on any magazines that you guys get in the US. Can you suggents any publications to look out for?

JRKO said:
I am going to Tucson over the xmas new year period (25 Dec - 11 Jan)

Can anyone suggest any good shops, suppliers or general hang outs for the hifi lovin' holiday maker?

Also I am hoping to stock up on any magazines that you guys get in the US. Can you suggents any publications to look out for?

Hi JRKO, It really isn't a God forsaken town, a great location especially for anyone who has not seen an American desert before. Check out Organ Pipe National Monument, good example of the Sonoran desert -

http://www.desertusa.com/du_sonoran.html

And, if you like photography the Center of Creative Photography is housed at the University. A place where you can actually request portfolios from 'the masters' to view.

http://dizzy.library.arizona.edu/branches/ccp/ccphome.html

Stan

Being from Tucson, I don't think there's a ton of hi-fi places, unless it's changed in the past five years.

I think there's Jerry Rose Audio Video if you want to poke around at some gear.. There's also Wilson Home Audio & Video, but I never managed to make it into their shops before I moved to Seattle.

I highly recommend visiting the Sonoran Desert Museum and Colossal Cave while in Tucson. You might also want to check out Sabino Canyon, though it's probably a little cold for hiking (it might also be closed.. i can't remember if they close it for the winter).

If there is one thing I miss about Tucson, it's how beautiful the wildlife is out there. I guess I'm just a desert rat at heart :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.