Melbourne DIY BBQ this summer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Last year in August, I organised a DIY speakers BBQ which was a great success. See it on my website:

http://www.geocities.com/etude318/DIY_BBQ_Aug_2004.html

I think it's about time for another one, except this time I'm going to open it up to anything diy.

Summer 2006 DIY BBQ

Date: On a Saturday afternoon in January
Probably starting to arrive around 11am to allow some time for set-up and kicking off officially around 12pm

FOOD BYO event - to avoid too much of a burden on the host, everyone who comes will bring some food to share to suit a BBQ lunch arrangement.

Location / host To be announced. Last even was hosted at my residence, however, I'm open to others hosting this year as someone else may be able to provide a more suitable room and/or a more central location. Someone may in fact have a large dedicated room which would be ideal as they may wish to show off their set-up but it may be too much to move it all.

Feedback Please post here to indicate:
  • if you would like to host - location, room size, bbq, equipment
  • what dates suit you or don't suit
  • equipment you'd like to bring

Spread the word if you know others who would like to come, or feel free to mention this link in other forums.

This year I'd like to see if we can get an event with 10 - 20; any more than that may be difficult to accomodate.

Wow, I’d love to come, so count me in

I don’t have much in the way of speaker/hifi gear myself but I do have quite a bit of headphone gear if anyone is interested

I'm free for just about any date but the weekend of the 7th would make for a busy weekend (another bbq on the 8th for another forum i'm going to)

I'd like to be involved. I have no DIY speakers, but I do have many other DIY or semi DIY pieces.

I have to ask - you guys know there is an active DIY scene within the Melbourne Audio Club, don't you? How come we always see the same old faces i.e. not yours? Honest feedback is appreciated.

Hey, great, I'd love to come, I'm pretty much free anytime I'm working in Melbourne this summer.
I have just built a 30L sealed 12" XLS sub.
Want to test it with some TLs, love to build a pair of TLs next!

Have another mate who wants to come so he can have a listen. He wants to build some floorstanders too.

Number of people: 1 or 2
Equipment: Sub
Dates: Any

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.