Homegrown Audio interconnect ideas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Has anyone ever tried Homegrown Adio's (HGA) SC-8 (or Silver Lace) interconnects, or their Silver Lace speaker cables? They seem to have the cheapest silver cables that I have found. Review appear to be very favorable as compared to Kimber and they are a hell of a lot less expensive! Their web site is: www.homegrownaudio.com.

I will likely use the WBT-0110 AG NextGen RCA's for the terminations as I have heard great things of this connector. Any opinions or suggestions?

I have two ideas that I think might work to make an interconnect that would be equal to or better the much more expensive Kimber Select and Black Pearl.

#1. Use two lengths per channel of the HGA SC-8 wire (it is an 4 wire positive/4 wire negative solid silver braid (8 wires in total) with an aggregate wire size of 20 awg each for the positive and negative). This would give a total aggregate wire size of 17 awg (+ & -) and should theoretically be better sounding than one length of the SC-8. Approx. cost = 244.40 (wire) + 172.75 (WBT RCA's) = 417.15 for a 1 meter length stereo pair.

#2. Use one length per channel of the Silver Lace speaker cable (it is an 8 wire positive/8 wire negative solid silver braid (16 wires in total) with an aggregate wire size of 13 awg each for the positive and negative). Approx. cost = 208.00 (wire) + 172.75 (WBT RCA's) = 380.75 for a 1 meter length stereo pair.

Has anyone ever used speaker cable as an interconnect wire? Any suggestions or ideas about any of this?

Thanks for your help,
John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.