knowledge of acoustic transducers

Hello.
I would like to reason with you.
The only way I know to hear acoustic transducers that I have never heard and different from the usual and omnipresent cone magnetodynamic is to go to a specialized shop and ask to listen to AMT, tape, magnetoplanar, electrostatic, then I don't know if there is something different that is worth listening to. However, some problems come to mind:
I don't think I can find speakers that use the aforementioned transducers at full range of frequencies and therefore listening is limited to medium-high frequencies.
There is another problem:
in the shop it could happen to find speakers that make use of the transducer technologies I mentioned above (AMT, tape, magneplanar, ESl) and each of them powered by a different amplifier from each other. It might happen that you hear a great but bad speaker when used with my amp, so do I have to take my amp to the shop?

music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
All jokes aside, selecting special tweeter is no guarantee to great sounding speaker. The results depend on the skill and luck of speaker designer.
Proper directionality matching between the midrange and tweeter is important, besides flat response and phase.
I have heard excellent sounding speakers with dayton domes for mid and tweeter, for modest cost.
Contrary some dreadfully sounding commercial speakers with expensive ribbons.
I have built nice sounding speakers with hivi ribbons, neo planars, or dayton amt.
My current favorite is 8" slim planar with foster planar supertweeter.