Where to place adds for vintage tube amps

I'm wondering where there the best place to go to place an add for a Leak stereo 50 tube amp.

In case anyone is interested in why I'm looking:

I was given this amp by a deceased engineer's wife looking to clear her house.
It appears that the original owner (Scott Kent, well know audio engineer known for Revox A77 upgrade service) had provided some of his own maintenance being a proficient EE and liked to keep his gear optimized. I also bought a few of his 90's era Lexicon reverbs (300 and 200). My initial intention for the amp was to remove and test the transformers for use in a project of mine I had set out to do months ago.

I came to this forum to ask some questions about the transformers and one of the posters commented that these transformers could be very valuable to someone who is passionate about restoring these vintage tube amps. After some pondering I had to agree plus my project would probably do just as fine or better with some of the offerings from Triode Electronics - in particular the Dynaco stereo UL transformer bundles. This poster left a link that led to the same amp I have for nearly $2000 but, it definately looked allot prettier than mine! The fact that I cut the wires to the transformers to remover them for testing may have lowered the value, I don't know.

But, suffice it to say I would be happy either getting the cash or trading it for the Dynaco replacement transformers that were found in the ST70. I'd even consider lightly used.

If there is a particular place where folks who find value in these amp please let me know. I'll place the add and see how things go.

Thank you!
Best,
Phil Donovan
617-470-9821
donovanphillyboy@aol.com

Last edited:
Joined 2011
The only drawback is that ebay will take a fee of about 15% of the selling price.
So just add that amount to what you want from the amps when first listing them.
But ebay has a very large audience, so it's more likely to sell there.
Also be sure to get the shipping cost right (weight and size) or you'll pay the extra.

Last edited:
Yeah Rayma, I'll look at that closely.

Ebay can be a bit layered in the things you need to tend to, I was hoping to keep it simple if I could.

If someone in New England was interested for instance, I'd probably be willing to drive the amp there!

My wife is good on the Ebay process, I'll mull it over with her too,

Thanks!

Phil