DIY custom rack finished

Well, my rack is finished...I wanted to rid myself of an old CRT TV based "component" rack. We have all seen the things at one point, the ones with a square meter sized top, for the biggest of CRT TVs, and the obligatory smoked-glass doors...problem is they take up far too much floorspace, & your gear disappears within. Reading thru the forums here I found a three-legged DIY rack people were creating...so I made my version & reoriented my "modernized" 60s era Leea brand FR speakers.
*Having trouble uploading PIX, got to trouble shoot*

----------------------------------------------------------------Rick...

Last edited:
Try number four...

----------------------------------------------------------------------------Rick.....

Attachments

• DSC06035.jpg
    DSC06035.jpg
    1,006.6 KB · Views: 141
Thank you...Some observations while putting this together. While I did use just a hand-drill & a small power sander, using a drill press trying to get fully vertical aligned holes would have made it easier & more "accurate". I was concerned about the outright strength in fully assembled form...not to worry, its just fine, even considering the open section towards the bottom.
Ideally one should use the aformentioned drill-press, secure all the panels with one thru-bolt to index the three remaining. With all the holes drilled & another thru-bolt to secure together, then one could work the wood so all the panels align perfectly. My guess is NOT to use any MDF, only solid wood as I really torqued those nuts hard on each panel. Since using those threaded rods, spacing from one component to another is infinitely adjustable, the spacing as shown is only for sufficient airflow... Thanks again ...

-------------------------------------------------Rick.............................