Looking for Cambridge Audio 851N service manual.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,

As I just ordered the same unit for my Xmas present, was wondering if you had any response from elsewhere as there was none here. Likely we will have to try to buy a manual from Cambridge. Just hoping there will sell it as some years ago I tried to get one from them and they only wanted to sell it to "qualified service centers". I repair hospital CT and Nuclear equipment and was finally able to talk them into it, but wasn't easy.

Hello Vortex,

Received my 851N streamer two days ago. Working quite well, like it a lot.

I just put in a request for a service manual as couldn't earlier as they wanted a serial number to even put in the request. Will see what they have to say - probably next week. Below is the web page for putting in a request. I will try to get back and post the response when I get it.

Submit a request – Cambridge Audio Support

Regards,
Greg

Hi,

Got a response back from Cambridge Audio. See below. Not looking good for getting a service manual anytime soon. Seems they are really concerned some company is going to swipe (copy) their work. Anyway, no service manual to be had at this time.

Regards,
Greg

" Thank you for contacting Cambridge Audio. Unfortunately, we are not able to give out service manuals for any of our products that are still in production. We reserve the proprietary information it contains for authorized service centers only and do not recommend any self service as it will void the warranty and could cause injury. "

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.