UART serial programmer set-up.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2009
Paid Member
I bought a new 1228 110amp Curtis controller for a Mobility gopher then found I will have to program it to make it go faster, etc...? A Curtis serial programmer costs an arm and a leg to buy so I went with a UART although I have no idea on how to set it up except where to plug it in on the Curtis 4 pin Molex, Ground, Transmit and Receive plug. The fourth pin is NC. The Curtis controller module is self-powered 24v and 5v for programming, the UART has a computer style jumper for 5v/3.3v? I need to know if I take the jumper off and if I just connect the Ground, Transmit, and Receive that would be it? Or does the UART need the 3.3v to power its self? I downloaded the Datasheet to look at and uploaded some photos of the UART serial programmer.I want to avoid any mistakes if I can help it? FT232RL%20USB%20UART%20I.C.%20datasheet.pdf

Attachments

• IMG_0463.jpg
    IMG_0463.jpg
    966.4 KB · Views: 42
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    947.9 KB · Views: 44
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.