Constant Current or Constant Voltage (LED TV)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Guys, does anyone thinks running a tv backlight less that the supply ratings on current or voltage?
How does one limit the current on the Chinese design (universal TV boards) or slight mod (fixed or trimpot) to adjust the volts under the rating that’s designed for the led boost circuit?
Reason is I keep blowing led when I replace them, the keep failing even the original ones that’s on the strip. I guess I want to lower the current or the voltage or both.

No, that’s not high, the normal operating voltage ranges from 85vac to 225vac that means the active power supply is regulated. I just want to know hardware wise how to limit the current or limit the voltage or reducing to prolong the life of the led array.

Practically it could, but if I’m not using the service mode to reduce brightness, then the user can just brighten it again thru the normal menus.
Just want to know how to step down the voltage or decrease the current so the led aren’t near their max operating specs.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.