Down the rabbit hole I go then....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Believe me, I can understand. I had to put my projects onto the back burner too. From the last week in January 2020 and 3 weeks into March I was flat on my back for the first 6 weeks and only started walking thereafter - three longitudinal tears in the posterior tibialis tendon in my left foot. Lock-down and no deliveries of components till the middle of June screwed me totally.

Then the components started arriving. But just when I finally had things to start building (BigBottle phono) in Mid-August, I discovered that there was a blurred patch of vision in my left eye - cataract. Both eyes actually, but only the left was being affected. The ophthalmic surgeon said he might as well do both as there was one developing in the right eye too, but not causing issues - yet! October and the whole of November was spun out on doing not much. No fumes allowed into eyes and had to wait for them to stabilise before reading glasses could be used. No sneezing, coughing, exercise .....

But December got me started building up four PCBs for my amplifiers. I need to get them on the go first. Other amps giving grief so ...

But no complaints I am at least seeing the light at the end of the amp tunnel. The cabinet work needs to be completed - and that can only happen on weekends. I'm back at work (though from home) and some site visits.

But I will get there in the next three to four weeks. And I'll post some pictures.
JAAMOI, see if you can get an Aramex Global Shopper account registered. It costs nothing to get it. Then you can bring in a 500 gramme parcel from wherever at a nominal cost of ~25 NZD. Might be the easiest option. I have got two such parcels from the USA. And if the company/person plays along they can down play the actual value, to ease the way past customs.

Regards, Kevin

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.