wildlife caller advice needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi..thinking about building a wildlife caller. i built one from a tiny radio shack amp and a radio shack powerhorn but find it not loud enough. I have the sounds on cd and run the sounds with my sony walkman.
I have looked at my friends commercial wildlife caller and his speaker is nothing but a 100w normal looking speaker so im guessing its all in the amp.
So using my sony walkman, is there an inexpensive amp that really pumps out the sound? Im not great with electronics..can solder good...very good with my hands just not good with finding the correct parts that will talk to each other...but i want LOUDER THAN LOUD. thanks in advance

what type of wildlife moose? birds?

mostly moose and elk but deer fighting (rattling anlers) would be nice. I want to build a caller that will accept any cd that i can find on youtube etc.
the best caller on the market (wildlife technologies) has somthing like 150 sounds...i dont need 150 sounds ...i need sounds i can find and use that I like not what a company likes that may not apply to my area. Animals in different parts of the country sound different...believe it or not.

The question of "how loud" it is has not much to do with the "100 W" rating of the speaker (which probably just means that you'll fry the speaker if you apply more than 100 watts for a while).
he

The best wildlife caller on the market today is the "wildlife technologies"...it has a 100w speaker...just a cheaper looking speaker that, when turned way up is sooooo super loud without distortion. The question is...how do they do that with such a cheap 100w speaker

might not be as cheap as your making it out to be if your talking the Atom model, purpose designed extended high and low frequency and tailored harmonic response from a digital source can make use of available watts as sound power rather then expending watts at frequencies that we humans consider important.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.