forum policy

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
jason, thanks for replying.

i didn't mean to start a big ruckus, and i suppose it's now time to call this code.

...it's just that i wanted people to try to see an alternative view-mine. yes, i know i'm in the minority. the prevailing view seems to fall into either the "he's an egotistical sob, so good riddance," or well, if he's to thin skinned to survive a bit of good natured hazing, he can't join this frat."

i suppose those a valid interpretations, but they don't suit me.
i see nothing in his posts to label him arrogant. his request for a different label is presumed to be stemming from pride and ego-perhaps, perhaps not.

perhaps we are the ones with the bizarre rituals and hierachy?
after all, we have our elders, prophets, and so forth...and eternal damnation to any who challenge it.

for his relatively minor request for a breach of forum etiquette he has been vilified.

unfortunately, though, through this thread i fear i have worsened his predicament. for this i do apologize.

in regards to my own impending vilification (or, should i say, villein-ification), 'tis a small matter. label me pond scum if you wish.

after all, a prophet is usually without honor in his own country:D

a neophyte perspective

Maybe I have read from the very start to get to the heart of this quarrel. It can't be over titles! C'mon. Gents (and ladies), let's discuss audio! Let's judge the quality of our advice and not get worked up over trivialities.

Respect to all...

.. I have an idea: why don't put an applet that assigns labels randomly to affiliates?

I took this hint from a big discussion on referee's assignement criteria in Italy Soccer League, actually the draw seems to be liked by many.

I dare to suggest some new label:

Audio Addicted
Mine-is-longer-than-yours (subject: the loudspeaker cable)
Audio Deaf

Morale: let's take it easy and with a bit of humor!

bye

sandro
(DiY Professional Audio Idiot)

well

I hope many of you share my sentiment when I say: WHO CARES?

A label has nothing to do with your level of knowledge, your technical experience, your maturity, etc. etc. I hope no one here is immature enough to base their presumptions on any forum members of the small html-generated meaningless label.

I was happy being a "neophyte", an "acolyte", a "prophet", and now an "elder". Dosen't matter to me.

Yes, ucla, you certainly haven't done him any good by taking up his "cause."

Eila makes a great point.

Let's get back to the audio now. The label has nothing to do with AUDIO. diyAUDIO.com

-- Aaron

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.