Monitoring Internet traffic (bytes) on a PC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know of any freeware or shareware that can monitor the data traffic on a pc when logged on to the Net.
It should show the number of bytes of both incoming and outgoing data.
I want to monitor my Internet connection as I think I am being overcharged by my service provider ( charged per 100Mb after I cross 500Mb per month).
Thanks.

500Mb ??

Whoah, I download that much in a couple of hours. :eek:

Is this sort of restriction typical in India? Actually, I'm curious as to how India restricts Internet access.
Do you feel you are afforded the same freedom as someone in the U.S. or Europe, or is India more stringent about what sort of sites you visit?

Btw... wish I had an answer for your problem. In addition to what's already been suggested, I could recommend going to www.download.com and search for some freeware that may fit your needs. You'll be surprised by what you can find there, to download free of charge.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.