Dolby Digital 5.1 amp for Sound Card

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I want to power my custom built speakers from my dvd rom from my computer. I want to get a dolby 5.1/dts sound card and then aplify that to run my 6 speakers with sub. The computer amplifiers that are sold seem to be low power and the logitech 500 watt things are too expensive. What are my options?

I was just thinking of building the speakers since I know virtually nothing about audio. But if the amp is doable with step by step website somewhere sure what the hell. So as of now I was hoping to buy a cheap amp. I did notice some dd5.1 amps online for around 130 bucks. That would be fine but I was hoping for computers the amps would be cheaper.

Check the PM21 at www.marchandelec.com. Each PCB is two channels at 65W each. You can buy 3 PCBs to give you a total of 6 amps. (L+R+C+RS+LS+sub) Theses are about as easy to assemble as you'll find. You will also need a power supply unit, but marchand has these too. You will have to add an enclosure, maybe some heat sinking (the kit includes this) and a transformer. You can down load the maunual and if you want more help e-mail marchand - he's user friendly.

I've done two channels (a single PCB) and added a pair or kit speakers from www.madisound.com. I don't think there is i single out of the box PC/Multimedia/power speaker that is even close. Yopu will be surprise at what's been lurking in you PC all this time!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.