Dead AGP card due to incorect wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I needed to extend my power lead for my eqipment and how I don't know, I wired Live to Earth. SHHHH*T, I've done this so many times, and its so easy, I was concentrating on somthing else. Anyway, I plugged in switched on and turned on my LCD TV. It wouldn't come on, I also tripped the trip switch. Thinking I had a short I checked my wiring for tidyness and found what I'd done.
F**K I thought, fixed it and switched on. Phew telly works, her indoors won't be chewing a wasp. Great, booted up PC. Our LCD TV is connected as a second monitor on my nVidia fx5200 card. No Picture, I checked monitor leads, they're fine. Didn't think about turning main monitor on, that had gone off with the trip switch, (circuit breaker), so I switched on, nothing. Even XP had reached desktop, I heard the little tune, there was no picture. I unplugged the monitor and connected it straight into the onboard card, and got my picture. I plugged the LCDTV in and oops, no picture.

Tv's getting replaced soon, but what about my graphics card? This incident happened last year, and I still got the card. It hasn't any visible damage. And because BIOS didn't beep, AGP side must be fine.

I must have sent the National Grid to the DVI port, what would have got fried?

Cheers Fuzzymuff

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.