Thorens TD 125 with SME 3012

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everyone,
I just came across this turntable Thorens TD 125 with plinch and SME 3012 tonarm (no cartrige). seems in good working order. the owner asked 400 usd for it.

is this a good price for the Thorens? if not which should be a fair one?
any early reply is much appreciated.

Karry

SME is not a manufacturer of cartridges. Actually, there are many cartridges you can choose from today from various manufacturers such as Denon, Ortofon, Shure, Audio Technica and many more... it's a whole 'nuther adventure!

Do a google search for "phono cartridge" or "stylus". I'm sure you'll even get some recommendations here.

just some quick pics. better resolution come latter.
cheer.

Attachments

• cimg0646 (medium).jpg
    cimg0646 (medium).jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 141
That is really nice and excellent price too. I've seen people asking $800 to $1500 on Audiogon. I've got a Thorens TD125 with a Rabco SL-8E and I really like it. What does long base mean? I see the plinth is very different from mine. Looks more solid and thats good since the a plinth like I've got could definitely be more solid.

URL]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.