Power on when headphones are plugged in?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
poynton said:
Usually, the ground (sleeve) of the connector is used to switch either side of the battery depending on how the phones are conected)

Finding a switched 2.5 or 3.5mm socket may be the problem rather than how to connect it.

Andy
Thank you, poynton, for your reply.
The cmoy uses a virrual ground for the headphone return so using the jack sleeve isn't an option. The switched phone jacks available at Mouser, DigiKey, etc are designed to interrupt the output to speakers. I thought I could design a circuit to use that but, alas, all my attempts have been in vain. I tried a jfet/bipolar transistor combination with appropriate resistors but that didn't work. Promising, but didn't work, it just screwed up the sound. There was no DC offset, it just made it sound bad, which means I didn't get something right. So instead of pursuing that further I thought I'd see if anyone else had any ideas.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.