William Gibson

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!

Sadly the very first edition of Pattern Recognition is sold in the US only, and is already sold out (pre-ordered). But the next available edition will also be labeled "First Edition" (from a different publisher house), which is fine for me, since I always had the first edition of his books for the last five ones....

I have heard that G keeps on moving even further away from SF and from his classic Neuromancer. But since so am I, this is fine for me...

The only SF I read nowadays bear the label of Gibson, Sterling, Bear and Rucker... I simply cannot bear to read about spaceships any longer, when there is such a lot of serious literature out there to read, and such a shofrt time for reading every day...

Bye,

Arndt

Never had much interest in Sci-Fi myself. Some friends had to hit me over the head with it before I would go near it.

I saw Marvin Minsky deliver a wonderful lecture on technology in the early 80's.(No, I did not go to MIT, cant even spell it .) He made the iconoclastic proclamation that Sci-Fi writers are our contemporary philosophers. His argument was that they are and will be the first to address the social and ethical issues of evolving technology, while at the same to making the subject matter easily accessible.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.